Prior to TPSL certification, employing agencies are required to provide training on the following topics:
Early Orientation Requirement (consisting of an early orientation to the assignment before or during the first month of service in the statutory leave assignment)
Local Context (including, but not limited to, employer-specific software or programs used for attendance, grading, and individualized education program tracking; school expectations; local educational programs). *Local context information can be included during the Early Orientation if a district chooses.
*Ethics (including, but not limited to confidentiality regarding student information; mandated reporting and child abuse prevention).
*Health, Safety, and Hygiene (including, but not limited to, injury and illness prevention; lifting, carrying, and use of mechanical lifts and equipment; general and specialized ergonomics; blood-borne pathogens and universal precautions).
*Note: The Ethics course and the Health, Hygiene and Safety course are offered in our TPSL program. Employing agencies have the option of using the training they currently provide to employees or using CTI's courses at no additional cost. Please email Tauni Vance at email@example.com if you wish for your employees to use your own training.
After TPSL certification, the local employing agency is responsible for the following:
Note: Documentation verifying the appropriate use of each permit holder’s assignment shall be kept on file with the local employing agency and that data on the assignments of the permit holder shall be reported to the local county office of education annually, including:
1. Name of the permit holder serving in the assignment
2. Teacher of record, including their credential information
3. Specific statutory leave section that justifies use of the TPSL permit
4. School site of assignment
5. Setting, subject, and grade level of statutory leave assignment
6. Name of mentor assigned to TPSL permit holder
7. Number of cumulative days the TPSL holder served in specific statutory leave assignment